Designing costume is one of the things I enjoy the most, and I think it shows. These are the options you can choose to have me design the costume, without necessarily having it made by my hands.
You can have an original costume designed for you only. We will discuss the concept, and I will start making a few sketches. You can have up to 5 sketches made, to pick the one you like best.
This design will belong to you: you can take it to whoever you want to be made, and it will include a few instructions on how to accomplish the result I imagined, including the description of the fabric types (list of suppliers not included). However you will have to tag me in the work and you’ll have to sign an agreement that will state that you will credit the design as mine and not pass it as yours.
Starts from 200 euros. Should you choose to have me make the costume, those 200 euros will be deducted from the cost of the costume.
I will do all what’s stated on the basic design option. I will then follow the maker of your choice to choose the fabrics together. I will be available to supervision the whole process, including guiding pattern adjustments and video calls for fittings.
This can also be used to have me help you for your cosplay or historical projects.
Starting from 400 euros.
With this, you will get all stated in the previous options, plus a personal guide to help you making the costume yourself. We will start discussing your skill level, and I’ll create a design you can accomplish.
I will help you scouting supplies through Etsy and I will provide you with a basic pattern made on your measurements.
I will guide you through making mock-ups and altering the pattern, then I will guide you through the techniques needed to build the costume and finish it.
Starts from 1000 euros. Does not include materials, wig styling, dyeing or weathering techniques. You will be able to send me one email per week, with all the questions and I will reply with sketches and instructions. You will get a total of 8 videocalls, 2 hours long, no more than one per week, for what can not be accomplished through the emails.
There are limited slots for this option, and it may not always be available. Be sure to book well in advance.
This is the ideal option if you want me to design something for you, but you’re on a budget. This is also ideal when you see one of my sketches somewhere, and just love it, and you want to be able to make a costume out of it.
I sketch and design as excercise. So I have a huge folder full of sketches and ideas on many subjects. And there are many look-alike of my costumes, options I designed and loved, but in the end I can only make one costume at a time.
These designs do not require me to spend extra time in creating, they’re ready to use! So you can purchase one of them and make the costume yourself.
The non-colored design cost 30 euros. The colored ones 40. You will receive a full resolution scan of the original fashion sketch.
If you wish me to add details about which fabrics should be used for each part, there’s an extra 20 euros.
If you wish to receive the original drawing on paper, there’s an extra 10 euros, plus shipping cost.
To know the available designs, please send me an email through the contact form.
Have your made to measure costume. It can be my original design, a historical costume of my design with a theme of your choice or a replica from a movie.
Starts from 600 euros.
Have some accessories made for your costume only. From lasercut belts, to hand sculpted crowns.
Starting from 100 euros.
Have your fabric dyed, printed, embossed, painted to suit your needs.
Starting from 20 euros per meter.
I can age and weather your costume, either made by me or others.
We will agree upon the level of decomposition and the story of the garment, from something lightly worn to something recovered from a sunken ship.
Starting from 300 euros.
Wigs and hairpieces are among the most loved of my works, and they’re often praised for how realistic they can look, even if synthetic. Even the commercial front lace wig is treated with specific techniques that prevent it from looking fake.
Enjoy the comfort of waking up at the last minute for an event, without having to set your hair the night before, or enjoy the fun of trying a haircolor that complements your outfit to the best.
I can style a commercial kenakelon wig of your choice, preferably a front lace one.
Styling the wig as it is: starting from 100 euros.
Styling and roots painting: starting from 150 euros.
Styling, roots painting and altering the hairline: starting from 300 euros.
Creating hairpieces to complete a wig or your own hair, for a specific style. I will be able to match your hair color if given a sample of your own hair.
Starting at 70 euros.
I can make a synthetic hair wig you can style as you like. I choose synthetic hair to allow you to style your wig many times, and give it more longevity than natural fiber would give. For inquiries about blended wigs or natural hair ones please fill the contact form.
The wig will be completely made by me, from the net cap to the ventilated hair. According to your needs I can do a fully ventilated wig, a front lace wig, a 360° wig.
I can also do beards and other hairpieces.
Again, color match with your own hair is possible when given a sample. Mesh match by makeup foundation code.
The cost starts at 100 euros for smaller sets like moustaches and brows.
Full beards start at 200 euros.
Custom front lace wigs start at 400 euros.
Custom 360° wigs start at 600 euros.
Fully ventilated wigs start at 1000 euros.
The pricing goes by the hour of work. So the amount of hair wished, length, color customization entail important price variations.
I am not a fan of that. Most of what I know would be shared at its best through a workshop: working in two, interchanging information, tailoring the experience to the skills of a specific person.
So I will not share little bits of knowledge that you will still need to bring together like a puzzle.
I am more at ease when showing how to make things, making them together in my workroom, passing that hand knowledge from hand to hand, interacting with a real human being rather than a screen and tailoring the teaching to the specific needs of the person in front of me. And I think that’s the way you can learn the most. I trust I can give you a very different experience than a youtube tutorial.
So I offer you the chance of having a private lesson with me, in person or via videocall on a subject of your choosing.
The cost will go by the hour, and the fee will be 80 euros.
The minimum for the first lesson will be of two hours: one of theory and one of practice. An email describing what you already know about the subject and what do you want to learn will be our start. Some subjects may require a longer time. For example if you want to make yourself a 1895 hat the first hour will be about learning the fashion and the techniques of the time, choosing the style, drafting the pattern and picking the supplies. The second hour will be about making the hat. And after that you may need an other lesson or two to complete the item. Extra time may be needed according to your skills, how fast you make it and how much you can go on on your own. We will see from time to time.
To book your private lesson, write me.
These are some of the subjects I could be helpful with, but if you want something you’ve seen me doing and that isn’t listed here, write me.
- drawing the human figure for fashion
- how to read a costume, how to understand what will be needed to replicate it
- proportions, a method to never miss them
- undergarments: how to recognize them and use them to create the desired silhouette
- how to merge commercial modern historical patterns and the item you want to replicate
- creating the 1890-1900 silhouettes
- creating 18th century silhouettes
- fashion evolution from late 1880s to 1910s
- historically accurate techniques to recreate your 1890-1900s wardrobe
- historical millinery basics
- fashion changes in headwear and hairstyles across the 18th and the 19th century
- fabric dyeing theory, what you will need to know for all the other dyeing and breaking down techniques
- basic dyeing techniques
- creating textures with dyeing techniques
- breaking down, ageing, weathering fabric garments
- wig styling theory for natural or synthetic har
- synthetic wig styling after a specific reference
- basic posing guide for the photography model
- posing for historical photographs
- photo editing: how to create painterly images with color settings
- my editing: how I edit my own images
- social media management for the costume enthusiast and professional
A few examples of my photography work will follow at the end of this paragraph. Click on the images to zoom in. To see more of my photography work, please go to my facebook or instagram photography profiles.
Fees include basic makeup and hairstyling. The presence of hairstylists, make-up artitsts, stylists and other artists can be requested (their fee has to be calculated separately and is not included in these prices).
The following fees are for studio photography. I usually shoot in Maserà di Padova. I can shoot elsewhere as long as travel costs and time are paid.
Should you be interested in shooting outside, the cost will increase. If interested, please let me know using the contact from in this website or an email.
No costume rental required (your own costume, casual wear, nude- only one outfit and styling):
– 1 photo 50 euros
– 2 photos 75 euros
– 3 photos 88 euros
– 5 photos 100 euros
One outfit rented:
– 1 photo 60 euros
– 2 photos 90 euros
– 3 photos 105 euros
– 5 photos 120 euros
Two outfits rented:
– 1 photo for each outfit 135 euros
– 2 photos for each outfit 200 euros
– 3 photos for each outfit 240
These numbers indicate the number pf postproduced shots that will be delivered in digital format. No other images will be delivered.
You can also request me to photograph, and to have the images retouched by an artist of your choice. This needs to be stated before booking the shooting. Prices can vary, please write me through the contact page.
Through the years I had the need to have my photos…as I wanted them, when I wanted them.
This has somehow evolved into my own photography world. And I want to allow you to be part of it.
If you can’t come here, I can also retouch your own photos.
Price depending on the time needed for the editing. I usually take longer on portrait photography, and when you want special effects thet go beyond basic retouching and color editing. I usually take 30 minutes per photo. 45 for portraits, but it can take longer, depending on the requests.
Rate per hour: 40 euros
I have done collaborations such these, shipping my gowns around the world, for a while.
During this process, I’ve seen an awful amount of despickable things happening to the costumes: they’ve been returned damaged in some cases, in some others they weren’t worn properly (they do not fit everyone, they’re bespoke for my body, you need to know how to adjust them on the person and make them look good) and I ended up not using the pictures.
So I am no longer collaborating in this way.
If you want my costumes for a collaboration, I need to go with the costumes, and you will cover all the travel expenses.
If interested, please fill the contact form with the details of your idea and your location.
I have to admit I’m a huge fan of the few collaborators I call over and over. Working with collaborators I know allows me to reduce the time needed to produce the images. The chances of being called after sending your infos is always little, and that’s due to my lack of time, mostly. So if you really want to be in my photos, maybe wearing a specific outfit, or having some photos to share of your styling… commissioning me your portrait is the best and fast way to achieve it.
However sometimes I have the time to try and test new collaborators! Not just models, but also photographers, stylist, hairdressers and makeup artists.
I have a database of possible collaborators, and you can be added to it by emailing me. Add the following details to the email, and enter “collaborator – model/MUA/HS/ecc” in the subject, so you’ll come out when I’ll be searching.
- I live and work near Padova, Italy. You need to be able to reach my laboratory on your own (there’s a bus stop nearby) and at your expenses;
- add the days you’re usually available in, if during the week or weekends;
- add your social media or website to the section of the form, but don’t forget you will need to give a link to the single images requested for your work as well.
- Inlcude your following measurements, in centimeters: height, bust, waist;
- Include a link to a face shot photo, a full figure one, and one showing how expressive you can be. Links to instagram and other low resolution social media won’t be considered and will make the application void.
For other collaborators, such as MUA, HS and such:
- include links to three pictures of your past works.
Collaborating with other brands is a good way for both of us to increase success. Which is why I welcome such opportunities!
However my brand has a specific identity and I have my own aesthetic, so I can be selective.
As a maker myself, I am extremely careful with the items I am handed over. I have had some awful experiences myself, so I know what it means to hand hours, days, months of work to the hands of someone else.
Moreover I know how to make costumes and dresses look at their best, which is quite an advantage!
If interested, please contact me!
All the gowns I keep in my wardrobe are made on me and my measurements. This means they rarely fit someone else as well. Some of them, especially when it comes to cosplays, are not available to be worn on others.
If you wish to work with some of them, with me as a model, I’m usually available for a few collaborations near here, once in a while (once again, I live south of Padova, Italy).
Please send me an email following these instructions:
- add at least three high resolution pictures link to some of your works that match your idea for the costume. As for the models, social media accounts are ok to see more of your work, but I really need at least three pictures in high resolution;
- add your availability, if during the week or in weekends, and the time of the year you’d like to shoot in;
- let me know the costume you’d like to use, by adding an other link;
- describe your idea, at least a little, I love to see pinterest boards or sketches;
- let me know how many finished pictures you expect from the shooting;
- I will need to know your average time to deliver the pictures. I don’t care for short delivery times, I care for a good work, yet it’s good to know if I’m going to wait two weeks or two months. Waiting time above six months for the first picture will not be considered suitable. For the others you can take up to a year. But I’m willing to wait this much only for very good work, and a shorter delivery time might influence positively my decision to collaborate.